USA TODAY is a multi-platform news and information media company. Founded in 1982, USA TODAY’s mission is to serve as a forum for better understanding and unity to help make the USA truly one nation. Through its unique visual storytelling, USA TODAY delivers high-quality and engaging content across print, digital, social and video platforms. An innovator of news and information, USA TODAY reflects the pulse of the nation and serves as the host of the American conversation – today, tomorrow and for decades to follow. USA TODAY and USATODAY.com reach a combined seven million readers daily. USA TODAY is a leader in mobile applications with more than 21 million downloads on mobile devices. USA TODAY is owned by Gannett Co., Inc. (NYSE: GCI).
- First Day of Issue – USA TODAY was launched on September 15, 1982.
- Print Readership– GfK MRI Spring 2013 survey results report that USA TODAY has a daily readership of more than 3 million.
- Print Circulation –According to the AAM Publisher’s Statement for the six months ending September 2013, USA TODAY showed an average daily paid circulation Monday – Friday of 1,424,406 and total circulation of 2,862,229.
- Print Sites– 36 in the U.S.
- International Print Edition – USA TODAY launched the international edition on July 10, 1984. Currently the edition is printed in London, Belgium, Frankfurt, Hong Kong*, Cancun, and has a circulation of approximately 40,000.
- Print Advertising rates
Full-page black-and-white national: $125,600, M-Th; $153,300, F
Full-page four-color national: $199,000, M-Th; $242,600, F
(Weekend rates are higher, reflecting the weekend edition’s larger circulation.)
- Launch Date– April 17, 1995
- USATODAY.com is an award-winning news and information site providing visitors with breaking news, sports, money, life, weather, technology and travel news – all updated 24 hours a day, seven days a week.
- USATODAY.com allows readers to participate in the nation’s conversation. Readers can comment on stories, recommend stories to friends, interact with newsroom staff, and create personas that allow them to seek out and talk with other USATODAY.com readers.
- In February 2014, USATODAY sites had nearly 38 million unique visitors* and 654 million page views.
- Visitors experience comprehensive, convenient news and information from USA TODAY through interactive features, info graphics, and multi-media functions including audio, video, blogs, podcasts and live Webcasts.
- USATODAY.com also delivers news and information via e-mail with products such as Breaking News alerts, Managing Your Money, Books, Cars, Specials & Deals, and daily briefings from News, Entertainment, Tech, Sports and Travel.
- USATODAY.com offers RSS feeds (free of charge) for news and video content.
- USATODAY.com extends its coverage beyond the Internet by delivering breaking news, money, sports, life and other content to virtually any mobile device. For more information, go to mobile.USATODAY.com
* Source: comScore Media Metrix January 2014
President and Publisher
USA TODAY Founder
Allen H. Neuharth
7950 Jones Branch Drive
McLean, VA 22108
USA TODAY Sports
USA TODAY Sports was officially formed in October 2011. It encompasses all sports initiatives across USA TODAY Sports, and Gannett’s 42 stations. It also includes:
- For The Win, the fastest-growing sports site in history, already attracting more than 12 million unique visitors each month since its launch in April 2013. For The Win is the first mainstream sports media property focused exclusively on “social news,” and designed specifically to resonate on social networks and non-traditional media channels and platforms.
- USA TODAY Sports Images, the largest sports-dedicated photography service in North America.
- USA TODAY High School Sports, the nation’s leading destination for high school sports, with more than 7,000 high schools across the country as partners. USA TODAY High School Sports is the home of the prestigious Super 25 national rankings and American Family Insurance All-USA teams for boys and girls sports, both serving for more than 30 years as the leading platforms for determining the best teams, and the best athletes, in scholastic sports.
- USA TODAY Sports Digital Properties, which comprises hundreds of leading sports verticals that include HoopsHype.com, mixed martial arts leader MMAjunkie.com, and the popular sports-meet-pop-culture site The Big Lead, among many others.
- Sports On Earth, a joint venture between USA TODAY Sports and MLB Advanced Media, L.P. (MLBAM), the interactive media and Internet company of Major League Baseball. Launched in August 2012, Sports On Earth is dedicated to great sports writing and storytelling in all its forms, from some of the most respected voices in the industry.
Digitally, USA TODAY Sports sites consistently rank among the top five most-visited sports sites in North America as measured by comScore. Across all platforms, the USA TODAY Sports brand reaches an audience of more than 50 million consumers each month.
USA TODAY Travel
USA TODAY Travel develops products and solutions for USA TODAY’s travel partners and on-the-go audience by reaching travelers every step of the way in their travel planning experience – from research to booking to travel to reviews. Anchored by USA TODAY’s award-winning travel website, it encompasses all travel initiatives across USA TODAY, including digital, magazines, print, mobile and tablet. Travel is also responsible for the distribution programs with hotels, airlines and other travel companies. Other properties include:
- USATODAY.com/travel, one of the nation’s leading travel news and information sites, provides authoritative content, expert advice, and inspiration for both leisure and business travelers to help them travel better and smarter. Signature features include our popular blogs such as Cruise Log, our port of call for cruising news, developments and trends; Today in the Sky, the nation’s most comprehensive delivery of news and analysis about airlines, airports and air travel; Hotel Check-In, a road warrior’s guide to the ins and outs of the lodging landscape; and Dispatches, the latest trips, tips and insider tricks for the world’s top travel hotspots. Our 10 Great Places column provides themed lists that explore fun and inspiring getaways, attractions, events and special holiday spots.
- Experience Travel, a collection of expert travel planning tools, video, photos and “best-of” recommendations around top travel destinations and themes. From planning and booking to experience and sharing, Experience Travel helps travelers make the most of their trip by giving them the exact information they need, personalized to fit their lifestyle.
- 10Best.com, providing users with original, unbiased, and experiential travel content of top attractions, things to see and do, and restaurants for top destinations in the U.S. and around the world. At its core is the team of local travel experts: a well-traveled and well-educated group who are not only experts in their fields – and their cities – but discriminating in their tastes. These local experts live in the city they write about, with constantly updated content.
- Reviewed.com Cruises, a cruise ship review website designed to help the growing number of cruise customers find the right cruise for themselves and their families. USA TODAY’s cruise editor Gene Sloan collaborated with Reviewed.com, to build the first cruise review website with all reviews written by full-time expert anonymous cruise reviewers.
- Tripology, a division of USA TODAY Travel, is an interactive travel referral service focused on connecting travelers with qualified and customer-rated travel specialists. Available free to consumers, Tripology utilizes proprietary technology to match traveler requests with travel professionals.
- DealChicken Travel, from romantic B&Bs to tropical destinations, DealChicken offers daily deals on Travel, offered at deep discounts.
Digitally, USA TODAY Travel sites rank among the top ten most-visited travel information sites in North America as measured by comScore.
USA TODAY Education
Since 1983, USA TODAY has made a commitment to education that is unparalleled in the industry. USA TODAY’s Education programs are currently in place in over 30,000 K-12 classes across the country and on more than 350 university and college campuses. Our Educators have reached out to USA TODAY for over 30 years because of the unique format, credible non-fiction text, and topics that are relevant and motivating for students. USA TODAY enables young people to understand the people, places and events that shape their lives by connecting them to each day’s news in a colorful and engaging way.
- Reaches 30,000, 6-12th grade classrooms
- Engages in print, online and tablet platforms
- Creates customized literacy programs, utilizing relevant content from USA TODAY.
USA TODAY College
- Utilizes a network of over 3,000 student writers
- Features the most content written by students on the web
The Collegiate Readership Program
- Provides a selection of newspapers to over 350 college campuses
- Encourages the consumption of over 20 million newspaper yearly
- Delivers news and information in print, online and tablet platforms
USA TODAY Education, USA TODAY College and the Collegiate Readership Program provide engaging educational content and news for educators, administrators and students. Together, they stimulate the emerging minds of tomorrow.