Is the stock market open or closed? Stock market hours & holiday closures.
Next Closures: Good Friday 4/2/21
U.S. Stock Market Closure Calendar
Stock Market Hours 9:30am to 4pm (EST)
The U.S. stock exchange is open for trading Monday through Friday from 9:30 to 4pm. All US exchanges (ie: NYSE) adhere to standard federal holidays closures. The markets are closed on the following days in 2021.
|U.S. Stock Markets Are Closed On:||2021|
|New Year Day||Jan 1|
|Martin Luther King. Jr. Day||Jan. 18|
|Washington’s Birthday/Presedents’ Day||Feb. 15|
|Good Friday||April 2|
|Memorial Day||May 31|
|Independance Day||July 4 (observed 5th)|
|Labor Day||Sept. 6|
|Thanksgiving Day||Nov. 25|
|Black Friday Closed At 1PM||Nov. 26 **|
|Christmas Eve Closed At 1PM||Dec. 24 **|
When Is The Stock Market Closed?
1. The US Stock Exchange Is Closed For What 2021 Holidays?
- Stock markets are closed New Year’s Day Jan 1
- Stock markets are closed Birthday of Martin Luther King, Jr. Jan 18
- Stock markets are closed Washington’s Birthday Feb 15
- Stock markets are closed Good Friday April 2
- Stock markets are closed Memorial Day May 31
- Stock markets are closed Independence Day Jul 4 (observed 5th)
- Stock markets are closed Labor Day Sep 6
- Stock markets are closed Thanksgiving Day Nov 25
- Stock market closes early Black Friday at 1PM Nov 26*
- Stock markets are closed Christmas Eve Dec 24*
- Stock markets are closed Christmas Day Dec 25
2. What Are US Stock Market Hours?
- The US stock market hours are 9:30AM – 4:00PM EST
- (PST:6:30AM-1:00PM) (MT:7:30-2:00) (CST:8:30-3:00) (EST:9:30AM-4PM)
3. When are pre-market trading hours for US stocks?
- Pre-market trading occurs from 7AM – 9:30AM with after-hours trading from 4PM – 8PM EST.